Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Being a grown-up stinks

Being a grown-up kinda stinks sometimes.  After a rough night of little sleep, I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  Unfortunately, as the grown-up, it's up to me to get the little person up and out the door in the morning.  And yes, I could get him up, ready, and out, and then go back to bed, but another part of being a grown-up that stinks is it doesn't work to go back to bed.  Humph.

It's on days like this that I wish I liked coffee.  It's sunny, but cold and blustery today, and this morning, when I needed to get out of bed, it was dark, cold, and windy.  What a lovely thing it would be to wrap hands around a hot cup of coffee, and breathe in warm coffee-steam to ease the transition from my warm bed to the cold, cruel world.

Speaking of coffee, I kind of want a coffee station.
From {in pursuit}
So cozy.
Yeah, I know, it is really strange for someone who doesn't like coffee, and someone who doesn't like having stuff on her kitchen counters, to want to have a coffee station (and a single-cup brewer), but you guys!  That would just be so homey and cozy, and what a lovely thing for guests to be able to fix themselves a cup to ease their transition into the day.

Well, I made it out of bed, without benefit of coffee or coffee station, and I am pleased to report that I am still out of bed.  Yay, me.  I'm still not too happy about the adult part, but I guess we can't have everything.

I will tell you, I was really happy that my past-self, my last-night-self, was kind to her future-self and washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen before she went to bed.  The clean kitchen made a rough morning a little more palatable.  Thank you, past-self.  I appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...