This week, the two oldest boys who live here begin bike practice two days a week, which means I'm back to planning two meals a week that can be eaten in shifts. The slow cooker is great for this--it'll cook the food, and it'll be ready when shift one wants to eat, and then keep it warm for subsequent shifts. Unfortunately, our family doesn't really care too much for slow cooked food. Maybe I need to try some of these recipes? I also purchased another Wildtree workshop, this time a slow cooker one, so maybe we'll like some of those recipes as well.
This week, our eaten-in-shifts meals are spaghetti and BLTs. I know. Spaghetti isn't too shifty. But it kinda is when the two younger boys who live here don't eat sauce. What are your favorite on the go or able to be eaten in shifts meals?
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Tacos, taco toppings, guacamole
- BLTs, carrots or sugar snap peas, fresh fruit
- Italian sausage and veggies k-bobs, applesauce
- Spaghetti, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
- Nachos, guacamole
- Pork chops, mashed potatoes, carrots
- Hot dogs or brats, buns, carrots, mandarin oranges