Monday, August 29, 2016

Menu plan for the week of August 29

I've been lucky this year--my kids' sports tapered in, with staggered starts.  AKD has been practicing with his bike team since the beginning of July, Bubby began football last week, and football starts for MC today.  Wasn't that nice of them to ease me into this busy season?  I thought that was very considerate.

What this means, practically speaking, is we have two super busy evenings a week for the next two months.  Like, crazy busy.  I won't go into details, but it's physically impossible for one mama to get all of these kids to where they need to be when they need to be there and back again.  This is why we have two parents in this household.

What this also means is I will be working my way through my slow cooker pinterest board over the next two months.  I've already been gauging some of the recipes' suitability for use on those busy days, and it's kind of shocking to me how many of these supposedly set-it-and-forget-it recipes require additional steps before serving.  Like, you have to cook and add pasta, or you have to add a cornstarch slurry to thicken something.  That kind of recipe is not going to work.  Not to worry.  We'll figure it out.

Here's what's on the menu this week:
Other:



What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...