Monday, August 15, 2016

Menu plan for the week of August 15

Two more weeks of August.  We got this, friends.  The hot is almost over.  There is at least one upside to the hot--I continue to harvest about one zucchini per day.  In fact, I have five of them sitting on my kitchen counter right now.  It always amazes me how much a zucchini can grow in a day.  I'll go out to the garden, and say...hmmm...this zucchini needs one more day.  And I'll go out the next day, and it'll be bigger than I thought it would be.  What's even more surprising is how I can find fully grown, ready-to-harvest zucchinis in my garden that I had never noticed before.  How does that happen?  Those zucchinis have some powerful camouflage mojo going on.

In response to this stellar zucchini harvest, I've been putting zucchini in and on pretty much everything, and I will continue to do so this week.  If it's shredded and cooked down a bit, no one even notices.  So, yup, there will be zucchini in every evening meal this week.  I think I might also add to the 22 cups of shredded zucchini in the freezer this week.

{Source}
Supper:

Other:
{Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...