Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Flaky

I'm a mystery shopper.  That means I go in to businesses anonymously and evaluate their customer service and quality.  It's a fun way to earn a little extra money.  Emphasis on little.  But I do enjoy it, and I do it in my spare time, so it's all good.

Lately I've been doing a lot of internet shops.  I love these, because I don't have to leave my house or exit my pajamas.  There are two types of internet shops that I do; for one of them, I need to make an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation.  I have to make an appointment, but I don't have to keep the appointment.  I don't even necessarily have to own or have access to the vehicle I'm making an appointment for.  But I do need to cancel the appointment so they're not holding a time slot for a vehicle that will never show.

As I've said, I've been doing a lot of these lately.  The limit is 1 per day, and these shops are available 4 days a week.  I am currently in the middle of a 5 week streak of doing these shops almost daily.  Ten down, 8 to go, and new shops being added daily, so who knows how long this will go on.  That's not even counting the 14 shops I did in September and October.

So I've been canceling a lot of appointments.

And even though I go into each and every one of these shops knowing that I'm going to be canceling an appointment, even though there's no way these folks know that I'm making and canceling an appointment every day, I feel like such a flake.

What kind of a person makes and cancels 18 appointments in a month?  A flake, that's who.

Or ... a mystery shopper.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

On another note, I am so very excited.  The company that offered my very favorite mystery shop ever lost the contract.

That's not what I'm excited about.  That was a very sad day, when I heard the news.  I gathered with friends and family and a fellow mystery shopper (who happens to be all 3 of those rolled up into one awesome package) to mourn the loss.

What I'm excited about is I found the company that won the contract.  Oh, happy, happy day!  I might be back doing my very favorite shop by Wednesday (if no one else takes it before then).  Yahoo!

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...