Monday, October 26, 2015

Menu plan for the week of October 25

I made pizza on Friday last week.  But then, you knew that.  At least you knew that was the plan.  'Cause I told y'all it was.  Weeks ago.  Or maybe you thought we were having take-out pizza each week.  Nah.  For one thing, we've got cheese-haters in our midst.  For another, who knows what goes into take-out pizza?  I know one thing that doesn't, and that's whole grains.

AKD happened to be in the kitchen while I was spreading the crust and making the sauce, and I commented to him that it seemed like a lot of work, making pizza.

First I proofed the yeast, and then I mixed in the rest of the crust ingredients, kneaded it, and let it rise, then I made the sauce.  Then I had to spread the crust in the pans and let it rise again.  Next I had to cut the veggies and assemble the pizzas, made easier by the pre-cooked sausage in the freezer, which is now gone, which means next time it's going to be that much more work.

For the first time ever, I found myself wondering if it was really all worth it.  I mean, I love pizza.  There was a time in my life when, if pressed to pick one and only one food to eat for the rest of my life, I would have picked pizza.  It's the obvious choice, really.  All the food groups in one yummy package, not to mention the endless variety possible in the pizza realm.  (Now I would choose salad, because ditto on all the food groups packed into one yummy package and endless variety).

It's just...  A lot...  Of work...

You know, compared to how much work I was putting in to cooking last week.  Which was minimal.

This is the last week of the October plan-one-week-and-repeat menu plan.  I'm still loving it--I love having default meals to fall back on--but I'm aware that it needs tweaks.  I'm just not sure what kind of tweaks.  I'll let you know when if I figure it out.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

Other:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...