Monday, September 7, 2015

Menu plan for the week of September 7

You guys!  I'm still reserving judgement, but ... I'm spending about half the time, tweaking and rearranging each week's menu, that I would normally spend each week planning meals.  That's saving me time each week.  Unfortunately, I already spent 100% of the time I would normally spend planning each week's menu times five.  Humph.  So in order for this endeavor to be a time saver, I will have to save and reuse my menus.  We'll see.

I have another idea that might work better for me, but I'm gonna see this one through first.  Don't worry--I'll keep you posted ... whether you want me to or not ...

It's the second week of school, and my slow cooker is being called into service.  Love that thing, because it saves me.  Aside from the fact that on Tuesdays it's not possible for us to all sit down for supper together until 8:30 p.m. (which actually isn't possible, since 1 of my kiddos goes to bed at 8), so we need a slow cooker to keep food hot and ready to be eaten in shifts, I have a lot more energy in the morning than I do at supper-making time.  When I use the slow cooker, I'm preparing supper in the morning, instead of at 5 p.m. when I'm tired and cranky (and not there because I'm picking a kid up from practice).


Here's what's on the menu this week (compare to week 2 here):

Next Monday:
  • Meatballs, beef gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, mandarin oranges

Other:

If-I-get-to-it-because-wouldn't-fresh-homemade-whole-wheat-pitas-taste-amazing-with-avocado-chicken-salad:

What's cookin' at your house this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...