Monday, April 6, 2015

Menu plan for the week of April 6

Good morning, everyone!  It's April now.  I know how you all depend on me to tell you these things, 'cause it's not like you can look at a calendar or anything and know that.  So it's a good thing I'm here and getting this post up.  I'm all about service, to you, my readers, over here.

We're got a bit of excitement coming up this week.  First, there's the little matter of a national championship to settle (go Wisconsin).  We're making red popcorn in honor of the Badgers.  Sorry, Duke fans--I don't have any blue candy melts.  Also?  My almost-12-year-old would go just short of apoplectic if I showed up tonight with anything suggesting I might be ok with Duke winning.

Never heard of colored popcorn?  It's so easy.  Just pop some popcorn (I do mine like this--so easy), then melt candy melts in the color of your choice and pour the molten candy on top of the popcorn.  Toss to coat, spread on wax paper to cool, and sprinkle with decors if desired.  You can also mix in other fun stuff like rice or corn cereal squares (Chex, people!), pretzels, or m&ms, either before or after pouring the molten candy melts...whatever you have on hand and feel like mixing in.

Speaking of our almost 12-year-old, we'll be celebrating a birthday this week!  The birthday boy will be camping with his Scout buddies, so the cake will be appropriately camp-y.

Did I tell y'all I ordered ground beef from Zaycon Foods?  Yeah.  So I need to find space in my cute little freezer, which my favorite brother in law affectionately refers to as a "starter" freezer, for 40 pounds of 93/7 ground beef by May 9.  That's why I'm using several of our freezer meals this week (it has nothing at all to do with the fact that I really, really don't feel like cooking.  Nothing).

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:
--Beef stroganoff, green beans, pear sauce
--Chicken bundles (from the freezer), salad, carrots
--Pizza casserole (from the freezer), broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--Chicken casserole with mashed potato topping, applesauce
--Baked ziti (from the freezer), salad, green beans
--Camp meal
--Ring bologna, scalloped potatoes, corn, applesauce (Hubby's in charge of this one)

Next week supper:
--Spaghetti or zucchini noodles with meat sauce (from the freezer), garlic toast, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots

Other:
--Cupcakes
--Red popcorn
--Senate bean soup
--Greek yogurt
--Birthday cake

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...