Monday, February 2, 2015

Menu plan for the week of abundant eggs

I am caring for a dear friend's chickens this week. I must admit, I have been a little jealous of the folks we know around here who raise chickens. How cool is that, to be able to head out to the henhouse in the morning and grab some fresh eggs for your breakfast? For several years now, I've wanted a few chickens of my own, so I am thrilled be be borrowing my friend's ladies for several days. I get all the benefits of owning chickens, including several dozen fresh, organic eggs, with none of the expense and very little hassle.  I'm almost hoping they decide to stay away a few extra days :)

The several dozen fresh, organic eggs is why this week's meals are heavy on the egg dishes.  In the 3 days that I've been hanging out with the girls, they've already provided me with 30 gorgeous eggs.  Thirty!  And there are a lot more where those came from!

Here's what's on the menu this week:
--Breakfast burritos, with sausage, mushrooms, peppers, spinach and cheese
--Spaghetti or spaghetti squash with meat sauce, garlic bread, green beans
--Warm me up sausage quiche, salad, carrots
--Sausage, egg sandwiches on English muffins, peppers, peaches
--Breakfast pizza, salad, green beans
--Mexican frittata, broccoli
--Fend for yourself/leftovers

Next Monday:
--Tacos, homemade whole grain tortillas, taco toppings

Other:
--Pickled eggs
--Double chocolate friendship bread
--No bake nut butter chocolate chip granola bars

What's your favorite way to use eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...