Saturday, February 7, 2015

A love like that

The other day, a friend of mine said this: 

I am so in love with a little girl named Natalie.It's nothing she does. It's just her. I love her.

Natalie is her granddaughter.  It makes my heart melt.  

Do you love anyone like that?  I'm guessing if you're a parent, you do.
  

I am lucky to have lots of someones whom I love like that.  Some of you are reading this right now.  And let me be clear, if I had to love some of these someones because of what they do, I'd be plumb outta luck, and out of love.  Because some of these someones, (not you, of course,) probably even all of these someones, do things that I don't love from time to time.  Or a lot of the time.  Or even most of the time.  And yet, I love them.  Love defies logic.

Does anyone love you like that?  Not because of what you do, but because of who you are?  Just you?

There is a Someone who loves me like that.  There is a Someone who says, about me:
I am so in love with a little girl named Scarlet.It's nothing she does. It's just her. I love her.
And that same Someone loves you like that, too.

*****


Consider the kind of extravagant love the Father has lavished on us--

he calls us children of God!  
It's true; we are His beloved children.
1 John 3:1 (VOICE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...