Wednesday, April 16, 2014

On the Go Meal: Turkey Ranch Club Wrap

Well, AKD had his first soccer practice.  I asked how it was, and he said it was very, very ... runny.  As in, they did a lot of running, NOT whatever else runny may mean to you in this or any other context.

Hubby went to the parent meeting, and apparently it's not just games Monday, Wednesday* and practice Tuesday, Thursday.  There's practice on Sunday, too.  Yay.  We've boarded this high-speed train and there's no disembarking 'til we reach our destination so...away we go!

* Hubby wishes me to inform you that there aren't games every Monday and Wednesday.  In fact, there are only 3 weeks between now and July 9, when the season ends (unless they make the state tournament) on which the team has games both Monday and Wednesday.

On Monday I told you that we were going to be eating a lot of on-the-go meals, beginning with Turkey Ranch Club Wraps.  I am pleased to tell you that they were a big hit.  So now I shall share the recipe, such as it is, with you, my friends and readers, to add to your on-the-go meal repertoire.  You're welcome.  And feel free to return the favor.

I didn't take any pictures because, well, who knew everyone would like this so much?  I wasn't planning on sharing.  So I borrowed one from here.  Mine didn't look quite like that, because I tweaked a few things, but you get the idea.  To make this even healthier, use fat free dressing or Greek yogurt and turkey bacon.


TURKEY RANCH CLUB WRAP ********** Recipe
{Source}
You will need:
  • Whole wheat tortillas or wraps (I used Azteca UltraGrain tortillas)
  • Ranch dressing (I used Kraft Peppercorn Ranch)
  • Thin sliced Deli turkey
  • Grated cheese (I used cheddar)
  • Bacon--fried crisp
  • Tomato--thinly sliced
  • Spinach leaves (or other lettuce-y type thing)
  • Optional (but very yummy): Other veggies, grated, julienned, or thinly sliced, like carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers.  I used grated carrots.
Use what you like, and what you have on hand.

To assemble:
  • Cook bacon, grate cheese, cut tomato and prepare other veggies
  • On each tortilla, spread ranch dressing.  I used about a teaspoon per tortilla, but adjust based on how much you like ranch.
  • Cover tortilla with thin sliced turkey.  Mine took 2 slices per tortilla.
  • Place tomato slices and other sliced veggies down the center of the tortilla.
  • Sprinkle the center with grated cheese and any grated or julienned veggies.
  • Place spinach or lettuce leaves down the center of the tortilla.
  • Put bacon strips on top.  I used 2 strips of bacon per wrap.
  • Fold up the bottom 1/4 or so of the tortilla, then roll up from one side, leaving the top open.
  • Place, seam side down, on a serving platter, OR if you're making these for a portable meal, wrap each one in plastic wrap, wax paper, or foil.  Label the wrap with special orders (for instance, two of my children insist that they don't like cheese, {even though one of them eats cheese sticks like...well, like he loves cheese}, so I labeled their wraps "no cheese")
That's it!  Enjoy!

Now it's your turn.  What are your favorite on-the-go meals?  Please help me out, here.  Because even though everyone loved this, I suspect they do not wish to eat it up to 4 times a week for the 3 months of soccer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...