Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Choose an Identity

Y'all!  I've missed you!  What a busy summer this has been so far.  And no let-up in the immediate future.  All those people who say summer is slower paced and more relaxed are just wrong.  Wrong, I tell you.

Anyway, because it's so busy, I don't have a lot of time to chat--although I would love to catch up with you--so I'll just get right to it.

So I was leaving a comment on a blog, and the comment form asked me to "choose an identity."  It used those actual words: choose an identity.  It gave me several choices, including my blogger profile, open ID, my name, or anonymous.  If you post a comment on my blog, you'll have even more choices (but it won't use those words).

That struck me, my friends.

Choose an identity.

Because we can choose our identity.  We can.  We are not bound by others' perceptions or expectations, by the way people see us, treat us, or talk to us.  We are not bound by our past, our failures or flaws, our regrets, our hurts.  We are not bound by labels; we don't need to listen to the voices that tell us we're not enough. 

You, me, we can choose who we are.  Today.  Going forward.

From now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view;
even though we once knew Christ from a human point of view,
we know him no longer in that way. 
So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation:
everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!
2 Corinthians 5:16-17
 
Who will you choose to be?
 
Me?  I am a new creation.  That's what I choose.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...