Thursday, October 4, 2012

Boston Creme Poke Cake

Did someone say Boston Creme?  Um, yum!  Seriously, food of the gods.

Inspired by (what else?) Pinterest, on Sunday I made this for our family's dessert.


Doesn't that just look divine?  It tastes even better. 

I've made Boston Creme Pie (which isn't really a pie) before, but to make it as a poke cake so all that creamy puddingy goodness soaks in to the cake?  Inspired.

The best part?  The rest of the people who live here don't love it, so it's mine!  All mine! (after they each had their polite obligatory piece on Sunday)  I knew this would happen, that I would end up eating most of it, so I halved the recipe, making the cake in two 9 inch round pans (by the way, if I make this again I will use 9 inch square pans, because my pan was literally overflowing with goodness), and freezing one of the cakes and half of the frosting for later.

If you make it, let me know--enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...