Friday, August 31, 2012

Rest, Renew

My friends, it has been a busy few weeks for us here in the Bluefield household, a busy month, actually.  I mean busier than normal for summer, which is busier than normal for the rest of the year.  We are in dire need of some down time.

I keep thinking that once the school year starts, I'll be able to breathe again, to catch-up on all the things I've been letting slide over these summer months, and especially in the last few weeks--that the pace of our lives will slow down enough that I don't feel like I'm always rushing and never getting anywhere. 

I don't know why I keep thinking that, because I know it's not true.  The beginning of the school year brings its own sort of busy-ness, and in four days we will be off and running in that race.

Today, though, our plans have changed, and so we have a rare summer day free to do with as we choose.  A day of rest?  A day to catch-up?  I'm not exactly sure what this day will hold, but whatever it is, I will embrace it.  I will seek moments of grace, pockets of rest.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
Hebrews 12:1 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...