Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday's Tip: Routines

I don't know about you, but I am exhausted, and we've been back to school (and "work") for less than a week!  AKD's early bus pick-up time means that I need to wake up at 6 a.m.  The only time in my entire life that I have woken up at 6 a.m. on a regular basis was when I was working full time and had to be there at 7.  I was exhausted then, too.  Oh right, and then there was the period of time when MC was waking me up at 5:30 a.m. every day.  And Bubby took a turn with that as well.  Glad that's done with.

Anyway, I am exhausted, and it's not just because I'm waking up earlier than I'm used to.  The transition from the lazy days of summer to the structured routine of a new school year is enough to leave anyone feeling a bit drained....which leads me to today's tip: give it time.

I distinctly remember, two years ago, thinking that now that school had started, we were just automatically going to fall right back into the routine.  And I distinctly remember the intense frustration I felt when that didn't happen.

It takes time to develop new habits, and that's just what a new routine is.  So, take a deep breath and cut yourself some slack.  It won't happen overnight, but it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...