Monday, January 3, 2011

OK, now *that's* going in the blog

I love all of my in-laws: my parents in law, my sisters in law, my extended family in law, but my brother in law, Bbil (aka Bubub) holds a special place in my heart.  He and I have a lot in common, both good and bad.  Maybe it's because we married in to the same family so we share an outsider's perspective, but I am especially fond of Bbil.  This year, I was very happy to be spending New Year's Eve with Bbil and Chip for the second year in a row.  Early on in the evening, I informed Bbil that he needed to provide our entertainment for the night, and he definitely entertained us.  That boy is funny!

Someone gave the D children little animatronic animals for Christmas, one of which was a chipmunk, but everyone kept calling a squirrel.  At one point, Bbil looked up and stage whispered, "that squirrel is staring at me.  Stop it.  Stop IT.  STOP it."  Oh.  My.  Word.  I know you had to be there, but it was soooo funny.  Hilarious.
And for those of you who were wondering, the candy cane cocktails were absolutely delicious!  Here's how you make them:
In a blender, place
2 cups vanilla ice cream,
1 oz (2 T) peppermint schnapps,
1 oz (2 T) creme de cacao,
1/3 c. milk, and
2-3 mini candy canes. 
Blend until smooth.  Mmmm, yummy!  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...