Wednesday, October 20, 2010

While I'm Waiting - John Waller

Here's a video of the song I talked about here. I love that in the beginning, it's dark and slowly lightens to reveal a dark, cold, forlorn winter landscape as Mr. Waller sings:

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait.

Because so often, in those waiting times, it feels so dark, so cold, so lonely. Waiting feels like winter. And just as every year winter gives way to the blooms of spring, so too, our times of waiting will burst forth into times of joy--it is by walking through our darkest times back into the light that we can experience our greatest joy.

To me, this song is about trust. Trusting that God will see us through our darkest times, and giving up our own desires about when and how. Knowing that God is there, even if it doesn't feel like it, and worshipping through those cold, dark days, even if we don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...