Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mortified

Bubby pulled the fire alarm at swim lessons today. That's right. My two year old is responsible for about 200 swim lesson students, parents, instructors, and life guards having to evacuate, as well as however many school-aged care kids, summer school students, and teachers were in the building. I was mortified. How could he have done this? Why wasn't I keeping a better eye on him? Well, because it literally only took 2 seconds and the deed was done. I guess the bright side is the hour was almost up anyway...

Now I'm trying to decide if this is worse than the time I walked upstairs at our house in WV to find a Morgan County Sheriff's deputy standing at my door with his gun pointed at me and my child, because Logo, at the age of 2, had called 911, without my knowledge...

One of the other parents tried to comfort me by telling me that we'll laugh at this someday (maybe some of you are laughing already). I know that's true, but I'm still mortified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...