Monday, February 15, 2010

Warning: This post contains graphic content

Speaking of graphic warnings....the other night Sawblock and I were watching the Olympic games, and Apollo and that RJ (or is it CJ?) kid had just won gold and bronze in the mens' 1500 M short track speed skating event, when Mr. Costas said, "we must warn you, the video we are about to show may be disturbing to some people," and then less than a second later, there's poor RJ (or CJ) bleeding out all over the ice in August--he cut himself on his skate during a race, knicking his femeral artery, and almost died. Bob! That was not enough time for me to cover my eyes, let alone get myself out of the room. I'm disturbed, all right! That was really not something I wanted to see.

Anyway...my graphic content is not quite that graphic. We're having poop issues in our house (yes, I said it: poop), so I've been looking at the labels of a variety of stool softeners, fiber supliments, and laxatives lately. I've noticed that they pretty much fall into two categories: those which produce a "result" within 6 to 12 hours, and those which produce results within 1/2 to 6 hours. But all of them, all of them, say to take them (or give them, in our case) at bedtime. Are they crazy? I am not going to give my kid, who normally sleeps for 11 hours at night, something that's going to make him want to go poop in 1/2 to six hours, right at bedtime. Seriously, what's up with that? They say to stop use and contact your doctor if there's no bowel movement in the prescribed amount of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...