Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sisters

My sister in law made me laugh yesterday. She has discovered self-folding laundry. You see, if she just leaves the basket of clean, un-folded clothes in her bedroom, over time, the clothes magically disappear. She's certain they're folding themselves and putting themselves away. My laundry does this sometimes, too. I only wish it were just a little bit faster, but let's face it, folks, for inanimate objects, this is pretty good.

In an unrelated incident, my sister in law also made me cry yesterday. She made me cry in a good way--in a hug-from-God kind of way. I think part of the reason Chip and I are so close is because neither of us has a natural sister. What a blessing that God has given me two new sisters, my husband's sister, and my brother's wife, to laugh and cry with, to support and be supported by, to listen and grow and learn together. Chip and Buckwheat, I love you. This mommy stuff is hard, and I am so glad to have you by my side.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thes. 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...