Friday, December 5, 2008

Fourth time's a charm?

I am now the proud owner of three personalized somethings, all spelled wrong in the same way. It was a surreal, "you have got to be kidding me" moment when I opened the third today. It's not as if it's that difficult. Only one letter different, and they'd have it right. So this time, when I called, I asked them to just send a blank one, and I'll write on it myself, which makes me a little mad. They ought to be able to get it right in three tries or less, doncha think? It's got me second guessing, though...I'm wondering if I have it spelled wrong. Maybe all this time I've been mistaken on the spelling... (nope, I just checked: I've got it right, unless, of course, the Dad doesn't know how to spell the name either (did you notice how cleverly I avoided revealing the person's gender? Sneaky, I am.))

When I talk to the customer service people, they all sound so apologetic: "oh, I'm so sorry to hear that," they say. I try to comfort them, or at least make them feel not as bad, or maybe just demonstrate my own good-will and lack of animosity by telling them, "well, I think it's more commonly spelled that way," but now that I've thought about it some more (and believe me, I've thought about it), I really don't think that's the case. They're just not paying attention.
I'm told my blank something will arrive by December 15. I'll keep you posted. I'm not sure how they could mess that up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...