Friday, October 3, 2008

Hole-y socks and political ads

What is it with boys and socks? My kids' and husband's socks are awfully hole-y. I understand that my favorite brother in law goes through quite a few socks as well, while I still have socks in my drawer that were there in college (well, not in that particular drawer). I briefly considered the idea that maybe Scott's socks constantly need replacing because he has fewer socks than me, but I don't think that's the case. I think he has just as many or more than I do. It could possibly have to do with frequency of wearage, since I hardly ever wear socks during the summer, while the boys wear socks every day. Hmmm.
. . . . . . . . . .

Sometimes I will turn the TV on during the day, and I have noticed that only political candidates from the Republican party air ads during the times that I'm watching (even during the View!). Actually, I have seen ads for Ashwin Madira during the day, but he's the only Democrat. In the evening, the ad coverage seems to be about equal. This holds for both the national and the local candidates. So what does that say about how the political parties in the U.S. view people who watch TV during the day? I don't pretend to know the answer, but I find it interesting to speculate.

And have you noticed the signs? They are all (all) blue and white. OK, some of them have some red along with the blue and white, and I think McCain-Palin has a little bit of yellow on their sign, but they are all blue and white. The only political sign that I've seen that is not blue and white is for Kitty! who is running for State Assembly. I have no idea who she is or what her platform is, but I'm tempted to vote for her just because she had the courage to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...